Elder Law focuses on the unique challenges, rights and responsibilities of aged people and their loved ones.
There are a wide range of laws in place to protect ageing individuals, their property and wealth.
Navigating this complex area can seem overwhelming at times, which is why it’s important to find a legal professional with experience in this area.
Solicitors with Elder Law expertise can provide advice and assistance in the following areas:
- aged care accommodation options
- retirement villages
- aged care facilities
- retirement planning
- estate planning
- enduring powers of attorney
- substitute decision-making
- advanced health directives
- aged pensions
- accommodation bonds
- tribunal hearings
- diminished or diminishing capacity
- end-of-life legal decision-making processes
- superannuation and trusts
- redemption of life insurance policies and pensions
- property law.
For more information on Elder Care issues read the rest of this article, as well as our other recent LinkedIn posts here.